Friday, November 18, 2011
The stress of perfection.
Since I was young, I've been giving my parents result slips with nothing less than A's. For my PSLE, I had all A's and an A* in Math. For my O levels, I was almost valedictorian. 8 distinctions, 5 A1s and 3A2s. Results that would make any parent proud. These results were like a progress report card for my parents, showing them that they were raising their daughter the right way. Don't get the wrong idea, my parents don't pressure me for good grades. I feel like I owe it to them.
But my streak ends here. For my Hindi A Levels, I got a C. My first C ever in all national exams I've taken. I still remember that blasted MT paper day, I regret not putting in effort as much as I wanted to. I also realize that the C is going to taint my results. There is no way to offer my parents perfection. It's not easy, living up to high expectations. I'm an A*STAR scholar, so I should do well in my Math, Bio and Chemistry. I am the president of te debate club, so I have to do well in GP and Economics. I came into JJC with the lowest aggregate, so I have to come out with the best URP.
Well guess what, it ends here. Parveen Kaur has peaked, and now she is on her decline. She won't live up to those expectations, only live up to her own. Wait and watch, world...
With Love,
