Monday, September 5, 2011
Educated much?
Some people are just dumb and ungrateful. Now, that's one of the socially deadliest combination. A ticket to friendlessness.
I can't believe that I share oxygen with such living dimwits.
And wanna know the worst part? These type of people never know when to stop.
Insult my intelligence? Fine, I can deal with that. Anyway I have a pretty bigass ego. I believe I'm quite smart. So if you insult me and call me dumb, they probably fall on deaf ears (though I can't guarantee the same if you call me ugly or something else of that sort)
Yes, I am quite arrogant when it comes to what I know. And I'm not talking about my grades here. We debaters tend to be thinkers. Everytime I'm free, I'd be thinking about an issue or a debate. Different angles to one case. So if you claim I'm not intellectual, screw you asshole, you don't impress me so bite me. _|_
But here is where a border is drawn. Look, there has got to be some huge flaw or leap of logic if you claim that everyone in the education system but yourself is dumb. You're calling every single one of us dumb? Because we are pragmatic? Because we don't go around looking for pathetic excuses to explain our rotten grades?
You know what, chill yo balls because they're probably burning. You're dumb, you can't blame your stream, you can't blame time constraints when you consistently perform bad, and you, yes you tiny midget of the devil, can't blame the system or the government. I'm not pro-government on everything, but this is a clear yes for me.
Sure, I admit there are flaws in the system. Maybe we do thrive on pragmatism a little too much, maybe we are too focused on being exam-smart, maybe we do prefer using our left brains more. Hell I'll even admit that there might not be completely equal opportunities for all in the system. Fine, still okay. Still world-class. Still enabling our Singapore population to earn a decent standard of living.
And may I remind you, the country which you claim is your homeland, has an education system of dwindling standards. Dude, if that is your standard, don't bring it or it's mindset into our nation. We can do without some smartass lecturing us and making a big deal every single time they find out we're studying for tests or exams.
You think I can't see the bitterness in your words? You're like a male PMSal bitch, and I cannot tolerate bitchy guys. Telling me to "study on" and calling me a sucker just because I can't attend your stupid function. Well, face the facts you nong. Firstly, you DID not even tell me about your "function" till on the day itself. Secondly, why the hell would I jeopardize my prelim results just to hang out with a loser like you? And lastly, uh hello, you're not J2, don't you dare judge me.
Oh, and rote learning? Don't even get me started. We are Asians, we memorize everything? I'm sorry Mr Pseudo-American. That isn't true. Here is a shocking fact, most of the top schools DO NOT practise rote learning. Wanna know why? Because they are able to understand concepts faster, and phrase it themselves aptly because of their power in the language. It's that simple. We are only exposed to memory work because our current way of phrasing answers simple isn't right grammatically or factually. I dare you to challenge this.
If I were a Bio student and I used "effective collisions" instead of "successful collisions" to describe enzymatic action, I am not bringing out the biological concept behind. Successful collisions imply that the substrate and the enzyme have successfully formed the ES-complex. Using "effective collision" would refer to the Chemistry behind the concept about activation energy and orientation of reactant molecules, something we wouldn't really need to explain in Biology. In the same way, key phrases and definitions have to be internalized, if not memorized. Just understand that memorizing is not a must to get good grades.
Anyway, I've had it with you. Pretending to be a good friend, and then talking BS about me to my own brother. Be glad he hasn't punched you, he told me he had to resist the urge so many times. My brother loves and respects me, he won't tolerate BS from anyone who doesn't treat me right. It was real mature of that dweeb to unfriend me. Real mature, matches his height.
Two words:
GOOD RIDDANCE.
With Love,
