<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1236603312483558303?origin\x3dhttp://insanity-ism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, March 14, 2011


Take a break from misery.


Finally, I start to update the spambots on my tagboard about what has been happening in my VERY INTERESTING life. So, if you haven't guessed, I haven't been feeling well for like... ever. Not fit enough for PE, the doctor made me do a chest X-ray, which made me terrified. I don't want anything to be wrong with me! I'm too young and I have a black belt, I'm supposed to as healthy as an unsick Parveen Kaur. Instead, I had to miss my Sports Day event to go for the X-ray and a blood test. When I heard that my doctor signed me up for a blood test, my mouth went :O literally. I mean, as if making me put on a ninja mask around the clinic wasn't enough. The blood test happened so fast, one moment she was rubbing alchohol on my poor poor arm, the next moment, I see my blood (which has a surprisingly rich color) being collected in the tube-like thingy. I'm not afraid of blood. In fact, I was fascinated! She killed the mood though, by telling me to change into the thin, ultra-thin X-ray robe. I had to take off my shirt and br* (lol) and the X-ray doctor was a male. AWKWARRRRRD. He told me to press my chest against some machine. Lololololol...
AWKWARRRRRRRRRD!

Being a good patient, I did whatever he told me to do, and secretly I was imagining how my X-ray would come out looking like. Probably one of the pictures from our sec4 Bio book eh? Anyway, I'm a strong girl and I'll recover by the end of this week, which is coincidentally the day when someone's not gonna be on this land. Hmm.

Anyway, on Saturday, I was an usher for Vaanavil, successfully organised by our JJ's ICS. Though I didn't understand the language (Tamil when spoken fast intimidates me!), I thoroughly enjoyed myself, sitting and nonsensing with Boon, my cute JieJie :D
I am not exactly the best when it comes to looking like a proper Indian when wearing traditional, but I try. I must say, I looked like dry dung compared to the hot Indian girls EVERYWHERE. Even Boon looked more Indian than me (she claims she's Chindian). Obviously, being sick and all, my eyes were all teary everytime I sneezed/coughed/sneeghed/coueezed, so the make-up I had on got smeared into an awesome mess.

Then on Sunday (which was over 2 hours ago), I went for the NUS Openhouse with DurgalazyassOhbutbutbutmyphonediedKitchup, Joel and Cedric. It was super fun! :D
Medicine/Law/Dentistry, here I come. >:)

Vaanavil. Boon trying to tell me I'm Indian because I can't be seen in the dark. LOL!

OhbutbutbutmyphonediedKitchup Aunty and Me. <3

Me, Ladywhoboughtuspassionfruitjuiceasherpunishment, Cedric. :D

Joel and I. :D


DayThree - Parents.

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I love you both dearly. You mean my world, everything I do is to make you proud. Even if it is carrying such a long, long name to keep your legacy alive, Daddy, or letting you photocopy my 'O' Level Results slip to show it to everyone you meet, Mommy.
Thanks Mommy, for being not only my mum but also my bestest friend in the whole wide world. It must not be easy, having a teenage daughter with times changing so rapidly and me constantly being led astray because of my lack of judgement. It has happened so many times Mommy. Sec 1, sec 2, sec 4, when my prelim results were the worst results I had ever gotten in my four years there. You were always there to guide me back onto the correct path, with the perfect combination of brutal force and motherly love. I must have been a nuisance at times, I am sorry. You are the best Mommy anyone could ask for, you encourage your low self-esteem daughter to be brave with boys, you understand when I don't want to talk about a certain boy all of a sudden, you take interest in everything that happens to me in school and with my friends. Your advice is always worth listening to, I'm sorry if I'm hard to budge sometimes, but in the end you always are proven to be right. You are a confident woman and I admire you because you're a survivor. You proved that not even a dramatic career change (Physiotherapy to MBA), or an earthquake in which a huge portion of our assets was lost completely and we suffered grave financial losses, can stop you. You are an inspiration, and I love you for holding me in your belly (forget I'm a Science student for a sec) for 9 months, sometimes you even blame me for making you plump (sorry!), thanks for 17+ years of continuous love, care, support and independence.
Daddy, I've always been a Daddy's girl. You'd been calling out nicknames to mummy's belly for 9 months, and you taught me how to kick like a pro in those months itself, no wonder I love soccer and TKD. I'm as tough as I am, only because of you. Thanks for always giving me your encouragement and support, even if silently so. It's not easy talking to your teenage daughter about "girl problems", I can tell from the expression of awkwardness everytim you ask me something. But I love you for making the effort, and knowing when your daughter badly needs a hug. I'm sorry if I've been moody with you, or have taken your softness with me for granted. Thanks for your never-ending, blind almost, support and trust in me to do my best in school and anything I take part in. From the hoola-hoop competitions I used to own when I was kid till the debate competitions I go for now, you have always been the one encouraging me to bring out the winner in me, and not behave like a sore loser if someone proves to be better than me.Thanks daddy, for toughening up your little soldier. I'm as much your boy (hence my home nickname "Boy") as I am your little girl. And both ways, I love my daddy. 

Love,
Your 9 months + 17+ years roller coaster ride, and the ride is still as exhilerating as ever. 


I was wrong. The feeling is horrible, but yes, I was wrong.


With Love,

Me, me, me, me.



PARVEEN :)
14 September '93.
Singapore.

Who?


Hey. :)
Masterdebater. (Read it wrong at first?)
Queen of nostalgia. I'm gay like that. :)
Pretty tough to crack, I'd like to think.
Socially awkward at times.
I love sarcasm, humour and optimism... Or do I?
Life's too short to get upset all the time.
Grammar Nazi, guilty as charged.

Pretty well-developed moral compass. Try me.
I admire sarcasm, intellect and brains, but I get awfully lame at times.
Still waiting for romeo.
(I know right?)

YBlack and white.


October 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 June 2009 August 2009 November 2009 December 2009 March 2010 April 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 May 2012

YTalk to me.






Y Credits


Designer: YPARVEEN. Yes, me.
Host: YPhotobucket

website stats

.