Monday, January 10, 2011
New year, new beginnings.
My first post of the year, how memorable! :D
Well, the Europe trip was definitely worth the time lost from completing my homework. Yes, yes, I know, there's a limit to nerdiness. The 15 days in cold air really made me more clearheaded. I reflected upon my whole year, the type of decisions I made, mostly irrational and unbelievable even for myself. I started to think straight. I met new, amazing people on the trip too!
It just made me realise that, just as Geannie said, life is like a train journey. You sit in a particular cabin, many people accompany you in that cabin. You talk to some, get acquainted with them, and it makes your train ride more enjoyable. There are some in the cabin you'll see, but never talk to. Some new-found friends will leave the train, or change cabins after a while. But there will also new passengers coming into the cabin at the same time. You are given the choice, do you want to continue the whole train journey thinking about the people you met but never got a chance to exchange e-mail addresses with? Or are you going to keep moving forward, enjoy the journey and make new friends. I'd go with the latter, I reckon. If people do not wish to remember you, it would just be a pure waste of effort and memory space to remember them. Use the memory space wisely. After all, you are the only person who will know your own strengths and weaknesses well enough. I know my weaknesses and strengths, and I choose to remain strong. ;)
The first day of school. Paranoia filled my bones. The thought of the impression I'd make on my teachers if they knew I hadn't completed my homework... Scared the *biological waste* out of me. It went pretty well. My juniors and my brother got back their 'O' level results. Needless to say, I'm proud of every one of them. :)
It was so good to finally see classmates and schoolmates I haven't seen for 2 months! I swear, I'm going to miss schooling life so much after this year.
I've decided to focus my attention on what counts most in my life for this year. I don't want to look at myself from the future with even an inch of regret in my eyes. I look at the sec 4 me with regret even now, because I know it wasn't my best effort even then. I only got serious after my prelim score shocked the crap out of me. My new year resolutions, made in Austria, are as solid as the ice there. I'll share some with you, just don't mock them, because I will take that to offence.
- To be more disciplined. This is in special relation to school. I'm still working on this one, incomplete homework sure doesn't help!
- To make more friends, people I can count on and talk to. I've come to realise that the friendships I have now are extremely different(not in a good way or bad way) from those in the past. I treasure them.
- To become more feminine/lady-like/girly. Whatever you call it. This resolution has been with me for years now, I can't seem to understand why I behave so differently from many girls. I like me, though. ;(
- To be a girl grounded to my own principles. I don't want to ever go against them again like I did before.
- To lose weight. I won't call myself fat just yet(THOUGH EVERY GUY SAYS THAT). I would like to be slimmer though, so that I look more... ummm... feminine? Hehe *blush*, my big bulky muscles are scaring guys. HAHA, I'm just kidding. I just want to be toned! ;D
2011, the best year I've had, till now. ;)
With Love,
