Wednesday, December 22, 2010
When realization slaps you in the face.
HELLO ALL.
I went out with my Daddy today, to get the poster for the attachment (ENOUGH ABOUT ME BEING A NERD!)
On the way to my daddy's *bwoombwoom*, we had to walk over a drain. Daddy walked over it first, and 3 cockroaches ran out, OUT OF NOWHERE!
Naturally, I started to freak out because it was my turn to walk over the drain, with the three dumb scary disgusting roaches sprinting around madly. :(
I started wailing, then shouting, then crying. Okay, I know the crying was not needed, but I guess everything came out. It was like a moment when all the emotions you've been holding for the entire day came out at the most random moment.
So yes, I was crying. Daddy told me to run across the drain, it'd be over in a second. I just shook my head and stood rooted to the ground, a safe distance from the drain (about 2km). This drama unfolded and continued for about 10 minutes.
Daddy asked, "Well, what do you expect me to do?"
And I wasn't even aware of my answer until I said it. It was like an involuntary reflex answer, which shows how much in denial.
I answered, "Carry me across!"
:'(
To which, daddy laughed like I was joking. I wish I were joking. I was dead serious.
It was then, that realization smacked me right in the middle of my ugly face. I was still a big, fat, bawling, whiny baby in my own mind. Real immature.
I need to grow up. But we all know that the adult's point of view of life was never as attractive.
If given a choice, I'd die young.
Parveen, grow up. If only it were so simple.
With Love,
