Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Linking arms.
KillerI know the name of many killers
I witnessed the killings and it gave me shivers
To think that they have taken the lives of millions
Of course, that changes the world; it’s a huge difference
I see the faces of hundreds on TV
It saddens me that this is reality
I realize I want it changed to be a rosy picture for all of us
Would it be fair if we came first and they came last?
The surprising thing is that these could be stopped
Let’s paint the world with sunshine and let the darkness be robbed
Let’s deliver hope to the millions praying that they won’t be victims
Let’s make the future look promising from a glimpse
Do let these killings freeze
Don’t let them make you miss
The people you love in your life
Just take a deep breath and dive
Into the pool of troubled water
Let’s show the world what we have to offer
It’s an ongoing war with the wrong use of weapons
Let’s not wait till everything happens
Let’s not hang our heads in shame
That’s not how we play the game
Can we stop the destruction of lives?
We can once the world realizes
That this is a shared responsibility
It’s not you and it’s not me; it’s you and me
Let us link arms and unite as one
And let these killers take a run
Millions die from AIDS, Malaria and other diseases. Stop them from spreading, or soon it could be a loved one or you.I know, I'm not good with poems. I just decided to give it a shot since there's the competition.
Any suggestions? :D
With Love,
