Thursday, October 16, 2008
Second class.
" A tribute to those who contributed to the society, and got criticised for it. "I watched "Get Rea!" this week.
Don't look at me as though I shaved my hair off my head.
I do watch many documentaries, and am very interested in current affairs as much as you are.
This week, the show was about foreign workers in Singapore.
I cannot change anyone's mindset on foreign workers, more commonly known as "Banglas" and "PRCs" to many.
But watching this show made me realise that everyone was someone. All of us are humans. They are no different from any of us. They too have 206 bones, they also have families. They also have feelings.
A Bangladeshi worker said: "If we get really hungry, we buy one big loaf of bread for S$1.40, and we share that bread, soaked in water." It makes me cringe to know that they came here with high hopes for their families and themselves. They live in shit conditions, probably worse than their own homes. They are treated like dirt, when they build houses to prevent us from living in dirt. It's just not fair.
I hate the way they are treated.
Just think about it.
Try to watch that episode, and you'll know what I mean.
Labels: Sheer disappointment
With Love,
