Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Dreams crashed, hopes dashed.
I'm in a bad position.
I feel completely lousy right now. I feel so sad and lost. It all happened so suddenly.
Here's what happened:
My good friend just called me up today, and she was crying. She's a really nice girl who loves me dearly and is such a great friend. A complete package, I'd swear, though she may be a little on the strict side.
Recently, she's been telling me a lot about her troubles coping with three Sciences. It seems that I am her source of motication and inspiration As she always says,
"Parveen, once I talk to you, my heart feels lighter and you give me confidence I never had."She literally says this to me all the time. Okay, she called today. Apparently, she got her results today and she failed both Physics and Chemistry for the EOYs. Now, her teachers are encouraging her to drop to combined Sciences.
I know its a tough decision since it was thrown out of the blue. She had considered this happening during her numerous rants with me on her studies, but I guess it came too suddenly.
She wasn't coping well with the awful piece of news so she called me to ask me for advice just a few minutes ago. This was how the conversation went...
"Hello? Parveen? *Sniff* I feel so sad today. I need some support from you. I got bad news today, Parveen. I failed both my Sciences and they are asking me to drop to combined Sciences!"
"What? Are you sure it's confirmed? What did your parents say?"
"My parents said that it is better that I drop to CS, but I swear, inside me, I feel that I can do it you know? I was so sure that I would do well for my Chemistry, but in the end, I only got 32 marks! Should I really drop?"
"Oh... How are you feeling? Maybe it will be good for you to get rid of one subject. Don't worry. Everything will be alright. It's not the time to give up. I know you can do it, and best of all, with subjects, you can concentrate more and get A's for your O's."
"Thank you a lot, Parveen. I knew that talking to you would help. You're a great friend. I hope you do extremely well for your exams. I won't disturb you now. Bye!"
"Don't worry. You'll do well and won't regret this a bit. Bye."
I do hope she'll do what is right. This is not her fauly at all. She is the most studious person I've ever seen. Sometimes, all you need is a change in wind direction to cause such sadness.
She's a great friend, and to her, I'm her only friend. I wish I could tell you more about her, but I've said too much.
Labels: Grief.
With Love,
