<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1236603312483558303?origin\x3dhttp://insanity-ism.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, September 5, 2008


Sway like the tree.





"Tribute to the ones who did marvels, and got criticised for it."

I only got to know about Dan Osman only because of the rock-climbing course. For those of you who don't know, he's the man in the video; an extreme sport practitioner.

Look at the video. It's called speed-soloing. Speed because he's timing himself, solo because there are no safety ropes, whatsoever. I'd only post a video if it really is interesting. Look at the video at about 50 seconds. It shows how high the cliff really is.

WATCH THE PART AT 1:13!

He jumps so confidently. He WOULD have died if he missed it.

I am in love with climbing all of a sudden. AHHH! We learnt boldering and climbing, and we had mini-races to see who can reach the top first. Catch the videos of thos in the Girl Guides' Blog.

Some pictures of bouldering. Its somehow easier than rock-climbing, and also tough. As you can see from the pictures, we don't have safety lines. If I slip, I'd fall on a high-density safety mat. That's Kelly being my spotter. Remember the "spotting technique" we learnt in Kota Tinggi?

It looks easy but it really isn't. Some boulders require you to be literally hanging upside down. It's all about how you use the rocks and your legs.

I think I found a new love. Rock-climbing IS fun. Not that I'd actually have the guts to do stunts like Dan Osman did. Sigh, I can't believe he passed away in his final jump of his career. How unfair!

:(

I'm thinking of joining a rock-climbing course in the December Holidays. They really look like fun, and hey, fun + exercise = GOOOOOOOOOD FOR PARVEEN! (:

Those ineterested as well, just tag. It'll be fun, and it'll take off your stress. Also, it's gonna finish before school reopens. Why not?

Am I really that awful? It's unfair to criticise people like that, right? :(

Labels:



With Love,

Me, me, me, me.



PARVEEN :)
14 September '93.
Singapore.

Who?


Hey. :)
Masterdebater. (Read it wrong at first?)
Queen of nostalgia. I'm gay like that. :)
Pretty tough to crack, I'd like to think.
Socially awkward at times.
I love sarcasm, humour and optimism... Or do I?
Life's too short to get upset all the time.
Grammar Nazi, guilty as charged.

Pretty well-developed moral compass. Try me.
I admire sarcasm, intellect and brains, but I get awfully lame at times.
Still waiting for romeo.
(I know right?)

YBlack and white.


October 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 March 2009 April 2009 June 2009 August 2009 November 2009 December 2009 March 2010 April 2010 October 2010 November 2010 December 2010 January 2011 February 2011 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 June 2011 July 2011 August 2011 September 2011 October 2011 November 2011 December 2011 January 2012 February 2012 March 2012 May 2012

YTalk to me.






Y Credits


Designer: YPARVEEN. Yes, me.
Host: YPhotobucket

website stats

.