Wednesday, May 7, 2008
There's more beyond that rainbow.
Bonjour mates!
I'm SO exhausted. There's only so much my brain can take.
Our exam schedule was a little too zesty this time. I guess its a little too tiring for us to learn Biology and Chemistry on the same day.
Au contraire, it may even do us good. Oh whatever, it's not up to me to decide anyway! (:
Okay, so maybe this fatigue isn't going to help me score for my papers tomorrow, but I need some place to chill and calm down. Everyone needs rest. Don't tell me you're all actually studying obediently at home, your souls not wandering away aimlessly. I won't believe you, though it may be la simple vérité. Okay, okay, I guess I'm interested in learning French.
Define the term "examinations":
Examinations refer to the torturous and thought-provoking process of testing teenagers and dictating their IQ levels according to the score given based on memorised information. They are usually very stressful and exasperating. When the examination period comes, everyone wishes to be the free bird, hoping secretly that he/she will obtain stellar grades with the minimum effort.
Oh, wow, I really got the examination fever. SERIOUSLY.
Anyway, I'm studying for Biology and Chemistry. I still cannot accept the fact that they are both on the same day, which is tomorrow. I'm not sure whether I can get all the grades I intend to get, but let us just put my fate in the hands of destiny.
The protoplasm of a cell is made up of three structures - The cell surface membrane, the cytoplasm and the nucleus. OHMYGOD, this is so basic. It reminds me of my primary school days! :D
Cells are the simplest structural and functional units that have all the characteristics of life. GAHAHAHAHA!
Let me just see what I remember from this chapter. It's the first one we learnt, so it's pretty hard to remember...
The cell surface membrane, also known as the plasma membrane, is partially permeable, enabling only certain substances to pass through. It allows glucose(for aerobic respiration) and amino acids(to make proteins) to enter and keeps out toxins, bacteria and harmful substances.
OH WOW. I can still remember what I just revised 20 minutes ago. BIG deal.
The cytoplasm is where most cell activities occur. It contains enzymes and specialised structures known as organelles. The cytoplasm is mostly jelly-like. That sounds SO unprofessional. Fat chance I'll make my definitions sound fancy.
The nucleus is surrounded by a membrane known as the nuclear envelope.
((BTW:
ENVELOPE is pronounced as
ON-velope, similar to the case of EN-bloc. Okay, okay.))
It controls cell activities such as cell growth and the repair of the worn out parts. It is essential for cell division as the deoxyribonucleic acid(DNA) in the chromatin contains specific hereditary information.
I guess the Biology pupils in my class are lucky that we are going for the AEM(gene explorer) course. Biotechnology is fun! Also, it helps to enhance our understanding of the micro world. Still, though I enjoy Biology classes and all, I'm still not sure if I can grasp the context. I'm not really au fait with botany and plant studies, though its interesting.
ap my souls back to the thick, heavy textbooks. After all, every second I spend here is one second wasted. Time is precious, and I guess I realised that a little too late. Sigh, the A. Maths paper was supposedly easy, but my poor time management skills.. Such a bête noire.
It's all up to fate. I can still change my fate for tomorrow, and that's what I'm going to do!
That's why Najmah calls me OPTIMISTIC. :D
"Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life to save."Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)
Read the quote once more if you do not understand the message implied. This quote's a nice one. Au naturel, these things happen. C'est la vie. (:Labels: Laissez-moi tranquille.
With Love,
