Wednesday, April 16, 2008
The mugging period is back.
It's the time Singaporean kids dread, especially us secondary school students. The mugging period is back to haunt us. The brain drains are coming near. Those blood-sucking nerve-wrecking papers, those tight-tight exam schedules. Now doesn't that sound familiar?
The MYEs are coming in a weeks time, and I guess I can hear the groans and moans of students. It's the time to push all that damn information into your brains, and hope that it stays there. I'll tell you something that may shock you guys...
WARNING: The following news you're going to read is highly shocking. It is advisable to remain calm until reading the end of it. All readers are required to take of their shoes and throw them at your neighbour's windowpane after that. Pregnant ladies and those with heart disease, diabtetes, tuberculosis, lung cancer, asthma, bronchitis, anaemia, osteoporosis, bulimia, deep vein trombosis and fevers above 65 degrees Celcius are advised to read the news!
I LIKE THE EXAM PERIOD!I can hear the gasps from behind. Some are looking at me from the corners of their eyes. Some are openly staring at me. They're probably thinking:
"It's because of students like her, we're suffering before every term break!"Well, I personally love this time of the year. It's the time where we get all excited and nervous about our papers, we just forget our problems for awhile. No matter how important these 'problems' may be, I'm glad to admit that most of us know our priorities. It's the season where marks matter, classmates start rivalry and betting on marks and the competition with yourself begins. I just love the solitary time I get to study. I love the feeling I get when I know I did well for a paper. Of course, when the paper is tough, I feel nervous too! Don't think I'm crazy or something! :D
This also means that we'll be seeing many dead blogs. Malls will be less crowded during th weekends. Less people will be staying back after school, unless its a study group or something. Teachers will have students queuing up to ask them questions. I wonder how our teachers feel during this time of the year?
Maybe they're happy that the one-month break is coming, or maybe it's all:
"Aww man! I have to mark ALL those papers. Ugh! Finish the ink of my new red pen!"My mum's a lecturer remember! So I get all the insights!
For students, it's the time when we can officially start SCREAMING! :D
It is stressful, I agree. But I like it. :P
Well, I guess I won't be blogging for awhile then.
Sometimes I wonder whether I'm really that stupid to fall so hopelessly for things like that. I know it's probably really obvious, but don't push it.I never liked them. Nice guys aren't nice in actual life. But I'm always confused. I'm so glad the exams are coming. My mind will be distracted then, I guess. I don't want solitde. I don't want to remember anything, I swear.Labels: The crap in my mind.
With Love,
